Steven Lofchie is consistently ranked a top financial regulatory
attorney. He’s also the founder, inspiration and visionary
behind Cadwalader Cabinet – the "go to" intelligence and knowledge
management platform for attorneys and regulators operating in the
financial services sector.
In this episode of the Evolve the Law Podcast, Steven and host
Ian Connett (@QuantumJurist) do a deep
dive on Cadwalader Cabinet, and how it’s a game changing platform
for lawyers, regulators and thought leaders in the financial
regulatory space. Steven also discusses his recent
experiments with A.I., what fulfills him about practicing law, and
the increasing importance of moral and strategic decision-making
and why the profession needs more "Renaissance" lawyers to meet
- Cadwalader Cabinet’s origin story – how a comprehensive
intelligence platform for financial services regulation was born
out of Steven’s idea for an online legal book.
- Steven breaks down the tech – what the Cabinet does and its
- On the dual meaning of “cabinet” (a collection of experts and a
- On getting the news vs. getting the answer.
- How the Cadwalader Cabinet team is able to review significant
news items and provide meaning.
- Steven’s favorite features – on the ease of getting the right
- On striving to be better at tech than any law firm, and better
at law than any tech firm.
- Distinguishing lawyers moving into tech vs. law firms building
and incubating tech for client adoption.
- The future of Cadwalader Cabinet – to Mars and beyond!
- Recent experiments with machine learning - meta data and big
data vs. "medium data."
- On what legal tasks can and should be automated vs. what cannot
and should not be automated.
- On the importance of human decisions – especially on moral and
strategic matters. Building judgments into expert systems.
- Why “finding the document” is not exactly satisfying.
- Steven’s favorite thing about practicing law – truly
appreciating his clients and making decisions.
- The importance of finding your legal philosophy in the age of
- What excites (and troubles) Steven about the future of
- The importance of lawyers expanding their thinking – why we
need more “Renaissance" types who can move across different sectors
to find solutions to disruptive technologies.
- How to learn more about Cadwalader Cabinet and give it a
Links and Resources from this Episode
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite player to get the