Jan 17, 2019
Hire an Esquire has been innovating the way legal
professionals work since 2011. We reinvented legal staffing with a
proprietary online platform that analyzes a candidate’s experience
and expertise to best match them with contract and permanent
positions at law firms and legal departments of all sizes - the
first system of its kind. The result is efficient and flexible
legal staffing, built for a modern workforce.
- How hiring is still largely based on referrals – with little
- Anuj’s background in legal recruiting and on using tech to
improve how to hire lawyers for specific jobs.
- Eric’s expertise in psychometric assessments and employee
- On applying biopsychology to the legal field.
- Moneyball for Law – drawing statistical correlations between
lawyer traits and legal outcomes.
- The key personality traits that are the most telling of
performance in the lawyer workplace.
- How Hire an Esquire connects you to a vetted network of legal
- Grappling with the fact that 50% of legal work could go
freelance. How Hire an Esquire enhances work-life balance in
the new legal economy.
- Why resumes are poor predictors of performance.
- Hard skills vs. soft skills in predicting lawyer success.
- The most important “soft skills” for lawyers.
- The biological roots of poise.
- On the importance of getting out of your neocortex.
- Things you can do to hone your soft skills.
- The importance of being good to your body – or at least take a
- Looking back at law school – on learning the business of law
and the importance of exploring different paths.
- Anuj’s journey from a traditional law career to legal tech –
his focus on improving how legal services are delivered.
- Prestige points as shortcuts. Inheriting the biases of
- Learn more about Hire an Esquire and give it a try!
Links and Resources from this Episode
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite player to get the