Sep 7, 2018
Dr. Larry Richard is recognized as the leading expert on the
psychology of lawyer behavior. He has advised dozens of AmLaw 200
law firms on leadership, management, and related issues such as
teams, change management, talent selection, assessment, and other
aspects of strategic talent management. Widely known as an expert
on the lawyer personality, he has gathered personality data on
thousands of lawyers.
For the latest topics, trends and tech in the legal industry,
subscribe to the Evolve the Law Podcast: A Catalyst for Legal
Innovation. Listen as legal experts and leaders share insights
about the legal industry. For more information, questions, or
suggestions about our podcast feel free to email us
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Larry’s experience in law school. Dreading classes, but
liking the people.
- Initial “stress symptoms” in early practice years – “bashing
people’s brains in for a living.”
- Larry’s experience practicing Entertainment Law in New York
City and discovering different pathways.
- Transitioning to career counseling and enjoying it. “We
teach best what we most need to learn.”
- Earning a PHD in Organizational Behavior and applying it to the
practice of law.
- The interest of lawyers in leadership, communication and fixing
dysfunctional behaviors. The inverse relationship between
lawyering and these traits.
- The trouble of applying legal skills to resolving
- Building a psychology practice to bring out the best in law
- The difficulty of selling things to law firms. Why
referrals from satisfied clients works best.
- Larry’s psyc tips for those selling to law firms.
Building credentials and trusting relationships.
- The importance of rich and deep human contact.
- How to contact Larry and learn more about his unique
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite player to get the